Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Morning Routines










I am one for routines. Routines relieve me from making choices. For the past six months, my week-day breakfast consisted of the ol’ Eggie Sandwich, as Dad calls it. Two fried eggs on a whole wheat English Muffin, toasted and compressed on the Panini grill for compactness and maximum heat. With this warm and hearty companion on the bus, my cold, winter morning commute was much more comforting. If there is time for sit-down breakfast or a commute-less morning, I don't use the panini grill and make more an open faced sandwich version . So my first classic:

The Eggie Sandwich

Two eggs (fried, over-easy, still slightly runny)

One English muffin (I like wheat, from TJs)

Twists on the classic:

Cheese

Spreads

- roasted tomatoes (not sun dried, roasted)

- fresh basil

- bean spread (Steph loves her bean dip)

- marionberry jam (my mom introduced me to the eggs + jam)

Spices

- Lots of black pepper

- pinch of salt,

- dill

Breads


No comments:

Post a Comment